Making Pigs Fly!
Excellent article by Dr Mosbacker regarding what it takes to maintain vision and effectively lead.
- Be prayerful – remembering that God is sovereign
- Guard your motive. – be sure that your motive is holy. ‘see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.’ (Matt. 5:16)
- Listen – ‘seek first to understand and then to be understood.’
- Keep it simple – ‘Usually when an innovator sees the world is going to change, the logic behind the change is obvious … The world changes all the time. It’s easy to see it is going to happen. What distinguishes innovators from the rest of us is not that they see farther into the future; it’s that they take action. Think until your logic becomes simple, then act.’
- Keep believing -‘Remember that an innovative vision is usually inconsistent with prevailing logic and beliefs (otherwise it is probably not that innovative). It may be inconsistent with practices and rules … Great innovators stay with their visions longer while others get distracted or disillusioned.’”